Eventful days
Thursday, 19 April 2012
The past few days of this week were quite unusual.
Starting with Monday, I had to report to NUS at 8.30am for the 3hour long Manual Dexterity Test for Dentistry applicants. There were a total of 5 days for this test and on that day there were about 40 people? So altogether maybe there are 200+ dentistry applicants and they only take in 52 people D:
Anyways, first off was wire bending, which I found quite simple. We were supposed to bend a curvy and curly letter Z and W drawn on a piece of paper. Next, was plaster carving, which is really tiring cos the plaster was hard like a clay brick and we were just using a small scapel kind of knife to saw and carve a 1x1cm square out of the corner of a 2.3x2.3cm square from the original cylindrical plaster. My bigger square had dimensions smaller than 2.3cm cos I had to smoothen the sides and I had to scrape off more of the plaster. The 3rd part was moulding a molar (tooth) out of plastercine to make it look as close to the model they provided as possible. This was the hardest, not because it was hard to mould, but because our moulded plastercines looked like... . Unrecognizable stuff. It was terrible, but I guess everyone probably did badly for this. I was looking over at the people sharing the same table as me and their models didn't look that great either ><
Tuesday was the Dentistry interview. My slot was at 12pm. The panel of interviewers consisted of 3 people, for me, my interviewers were 2 men and 1 lady and they were pleasant people. But I think that I didn't fare very well in the interview :(
Either way, whatever path I may take I'll trust in the Lord and let God decide what is best for me.
Wednesday, I went to Bugis and... I gave a cheesecake (refer to previous post) to someone I got to know from Maplestory. We met at Bugis MRT station. This is the first time I ever went to meet someone I have never known. BUT! Before that, I kind of made sure that the person I was meeting was a decent person. The weirdest part is that I was the one who initiated to meet-up. The meeting was extremely awkward. We were kinda afraid of each other? Haha. It was just a fast greeting and we parted. So yea :P After that, I strolled around Bugis junction (by myself!), had lunch and bought food to stockpile from Cold Storage. Also, I told my mom about this and she didn't really comment much. She just asked for the person's name and later on she reminded me about women getting swindled by men of their life savings online and related stuff. She probably wants me to be careful. Haha. I had promised God that I will not go out in secret again and I will keep this promise.
And today, I coloured my hair again :) The last time I dyed my hair was before Chinese New Year, around 3 months back.
Starting with Monday, I had to report to NUS at 8.30am for the 3hour long Manual Dexterity Test for Dentistry applicants. There were a total of 5 days for this test and on that day there were about 40 people? So altogether maybe there are 200+ dentistry applicants and they only take in 52 people D:
Anyways, first off was wire bending, which I found quite simple. We were supposed to bend a curvy and curly letter Z and W drawn on a piece of paper. Next, was plaster carving, which is really tiring cos the plaster was hard like a clay brick and we were just using a small scapel kind of knife to saw and carve a 1x1cm square out of the corner of a 2.3x2.3cm square from the original cylindrical plaster. My bigger square had dimensions smaller than 2.3cm cos I had to smoothen the sides and I had to scrape off more of the plaster. The 3rd part was moulding a molar (tooth) out of plastercine to make it look as close to the model they provided as possible. This was the hardest, not because it was hard to mould, but because our moulded plastercines looked like... . Unrecognizable stuff. It was terrible, but I guess everyone probably did badly for this. I was looking over at the people sharing the same table as me and their models didn't look that great either ><
Tuesday was the Dentistry interview. My slot was at 12pm. The panel of interviewers consisted of 3 people, for me, my interviewers were 2 men and 1 lady and they were pleasant people. But I think that I didn't fare very well in the interview :(
Either way, whatever path I may take I'll trust in the Lord and let God decide what is best for me.
Wednesday, I went to Bugis and... I gave a cheesecake (refer to previous post) to someone I got to know from Maplestory. We met at Bugis MRT station. This is the first time I ever went to meet someone I have never known. BUT! Before that, I kind of made sure that the person I was meeting was a decent person. The weirdest part is that I was the one who initiated to meet-up. The meeting was extremely awkward. We were kinda afraid of each other? Haha. It was just a fast greeting and we parted. So yea :P After that, I strolled around Bugis junction (by myself!), had lunch and bought food to stockpile from Cold Storage. Also, I told my mom about this and she didn't really comment much. She just asked for the person's name and later on she reminded me about women getting swindled by men of their life savings online and related stuff. She probably wants me to be careful. Haha. I had promised God that I will not go out in secret again and I will keep this promise.
And today, I coloured my hair again :) The last time I dyed my hair was before Chinese New Year, around 3 months back.
This is the hair dye that I used. I tried taking photos of before and after colouring but my iPhone camera isn't professional and I can't tell the differences between the two. There is a difference though. My hair's now lighter in colour. It's not as light as the one shown on the packaging above, but the colour is quite conspicuous.
Hello and welcome...